Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"cake wrecks"

So here's my latest favorite website - the night I discovered it, I was laughing so hard that I was literally hyperventilating. :) Chris thought someone had died because when he came home that night, I had tears running down my face and I couldn't talk. :) It's a site that showcases all of the truly ridiculous things that cake decorators put on their creations.... enjoy!! Some are just ridiculous spelling errors, some are obviously just dumb oversights, and SO many are of the directions that people gave to the decorators that were misinterpreted to actually be part of the decor. :)





what?!


hahaha... can you guess what the heck this is supposed to be?! it's a helicopter seen from the ground. :) heeeee.



is this not the creepiest, freakiest winnie the poo you've ever seen?



mmmm.... frosting cake turd. :)



Happy Birthday! Bring it in the a.m. Yeah... that's definitely what the person ordering wanted ON their cake. *sigh*



creepy...






is it just me, or do those baseball bats look like giant poo?



Nuts allergy! Glad it's been announced on the cake. :)



mmmm. dead animal on the cake. nice.



okay, so I can see how these puppy-head-cupcakes were supposed to be cute... but i think they're mostly just disturbing!



can you tell what this is supposed to be? a clam? a butterfly? lips? nope - ballet shoes. :)



I'm sure that all that text on the right side of the cake was definitely meant to be there. o_O how can you be that DENSE?!?



I'm sorry... this one is just WRONG.



yummy.



To the future!!... the far, far, FAR distant future. :)



*gag* nasty.



It's a bird! It's a plane! No - it's SUPER BOWEL!!!! Go go go! Dispose of that waste!!! :)



Ummm... right.



Wow... if only the delete key applied to cakes. :)



Yes, please! Huge me!



AHHHHHH!!!! the creepiest baby EVER. if you squint, it's a man wearing a wifebeater with a blue fro. heeeee.



Adam with Blue Flowers, I am so glad it is your birthday. :) Many happy returns! hahahaa... WOW.



Why yes, it is! Thank you ever so much for pointing that out to me. I'm pretty sure that the reason they didn't use the contraction is because people are always so terrible at remembering whether or not the apostrophe should be used. *sigh* For the record, as a dorky English major: "its" is the possessive form - so "Its cake is ruined" is correct. if you could replace it with "it is," then use It's! so "It's a boy!" is correct. *sigh* i can't help myself.



The description on this cake said that these nasty brownish red things are supposed to be crawfish. *gag* there are a LOT of problems with this cake... not the least being the fact that there are CRAWFISH on a wedding cake... but that these crawfish look like a combination of ants and male genitalia. I'm sorry... this is just SO wrong.



Wow. I've been staring at this so long, letting it melt my brain, that I literally can't remember how to spell the word correctly. it just took me about 10 tries to spell "volunteer" right. :) nice. i've been brainwashed by the cake.



Wooo! Welcome Hump, Margaret!! hahaha.

4 comments:

The Clark's said...

thanks for making my wednesday!

Team Jogan said...

whew :) thanks, that was awesome

Tyler and Arianne said...

My friend and I always get on this site and laugh our heads off when we are bored in our Music History class. Ha! Isn't it amazing how stupid people can be! LOVE IT!!!

Lisa said...

I hope you don't care that I blog stalk you every once in a while!

But I really had to tell you that this is one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Thanks for the laugh! :)