Wednesday, January 27, 2010

evil disney princesses....

**note: this post was inspired by my sister-in-law, Wendy and her hilarious post here!**

As a child, my ultimate goal in life was to be a Disney princess. I just KNEW that I would have attained celestial happiness if I was married to a handsome prince at the ripe old age of 16, could sing, dance, and befriend every adorable animal. I came across these hilarious drawings awhile ago, and they make me laugh every time!! It reminds me that I'll always be that sweet little child at heart..... but my sense of humor sure has changed. :)

Also, these remind me of a little game called "de la Muerte" that Chris and I play whenever we're sitting somewhere especially boring - a concert, a meeting, *cough-church sometimes-cough*, etc. He'll give me a topic: for example, "Vacuum de la Muerte!" And I draw a vacuum of death. :) He'll come up with all sorts of ideas... usually kitchen utensils or appliances... and I'll "muerte" them. :) Someday I'll attach some of my sketches... but for now: the Dark Disney Princesses!!!






6 comments:

Jessica :) said...

I gotta be honest: these kinda scared me. Especially Cinderella. I'll never look at Disney princesses the same way. :)

Kristen and Andrew said...

awesome! belle is my favorite! someday if i have a daughter that wants to be a princess, i know exactly the posters she'll get for christmas - that should cure her, heh heh heh...the little mermaid is truly disturbing.

Katelynd & Ben said...

This is just kind-of creepy, Kathryn, but it's funny!

Unknown said...

Ok Kathryn, this is a bit scary for your mother to see. You left out Peter Pan and Wendy, whom you were fixated with for the longest period of time that I remember. You had the whole get-up: green hat with red feather, green tunic with a belt that held a wooden knife/dagger and tights! Or when you decided it was Wendy you wanted to be, you wore your shiny light blue nightgown (Kristen had a matching one)! OR what about when you were Robin Hood/Maid Marian with Dad and liked shooting the bow & arrows at the target fixed on the stack of hay bales out in the back yard in South Dakota?

Julie said...

ok, that ariel is totally going to give me nightmares.

Alesha said...

Freakin' disturbing, but cool.